Other Posts & Articles about Risk Mmanagement

PDF. ARPI releases a guide to the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy

Zoe Brooks (with Tennyson)
PDF. ARPI releases a guide to the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy
by Zoe Brooks - Sunday, 26 August 2018, 4:10 PM

ARPI releases a guide to the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy
Posted By : mpearson

ARPI has released a guide to the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy.

The guide has been prepared by an ARPI Associate who is a Chief Risk Officer and wishes to
offer suggestions on how the Commonwealth’s Risk Management (Operational) Policy could be more
effective from a risk management perspective. Thus the views expressed focus on risk management.

The Guide to the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy is available here or via the Publications Page under ‘C’

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note the comments!  We must look critically at everything.  (ZB)   Being published does not make something right.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Interestingly the document has been drafted as if it is a template where the risk manager using it could simply replace the field "<Organisation Name>" in the paper with their associated institution name. A cut and paste of risk management policy if you prefer, although I trust few people worth their salt would treat a risk management guideline in such a way.
Apart from all of this, the document seems to focus on Risk Assessment Matrix methods which is something the world of risk management needs to progress beyond AND then there is this on risk appetite: "<Organisation Name> will not accept risks with a risk level of Very High or Extreme and requires all risks to be controlled so that no risk levels are greater than High." Oh dear me, this is so wrong on so many levels. I know I am coming across as a negative today and sorry for that, but this document is a FAIL in my opinion.
(edited)

It sure is and it's the best apri came up with. Risk management is one step forward, 2 steps back ))

307 words