What risk metric is best?
Posts made by Zoe Brooks
I have been using Google docs and like the way everyone can comment. We can keep one original copy and then everyone send comments or make edits to the work in process.
Our challenge this week is to find labs who care enough to measure risk. Do you have friends in chemistry who may want to send data? If we don't get new data, I have canned data. However - if nobody is motivated enough to even try best practice, we have a totally different problem to solve first.
We can do live chats within AWEsome-U, and I would like to set up an online meeting for us next week.
There seem to be many driving forces moving us towards risk management instead. What are the restraining forces holding labs back, and how can we overcome them.
This course activity will be marked complete with one reply or new discussion post.
Chapter 1 The Big Picture
Chapter 2 Gathering Data
Chapter 3 Aligning Laboratory Results with Quality Specifications
Chapter 4 QC Charts and Rules
Chapter 5 Choosing our Own Rules
Chapter 6 Peer Comparison Programs
Chapter 7 Investigating and Resolving Problems in Daily QC
Chapter 8 Solving Problems with Summary and Peer Data
Appendix A Tables of Sample Quality Specifications
1. Quality Specifications Based on Biological Variation: Biochemistry
2. Quality Specifications Based on Biological Variation: Hematology
3. Quality Specifications Based on Biological Variation: Urine Chemistry
4. CLIA Proficiency Testing Criteria for Acceptable Analytical Quality
Appendix B Worksheets
1. Quality Specifications
2. Quality Control Process Design
3. Definition of Quality Control Charts
4. Simulate Shift to Critical Systematic Error
5. QIK Worksheet for Investigation of Daily QC Problems
6. QIK Worksheet for Investigation of Summary QC Problems
Glossary of Terms
Post replies with suggestions of how to organize the re-write with educational and competency exercises and case studies.
Here is a reference for "10 Brainstorming Rules For Success"
- What experiences have you had with structured brainstorming in an online environment?
- How can we optimize this site / project for online use?